January 1, 2010

Top 10 Hyperion Events of the Decade

As I was enjoying the New Year's festivities at 3 o'clock this morning, it occurred to me that we're not only ringing in a new year, we're welcoming a new decade. Last year, I did my "Top 10 Hyperion Stories of the Year" but this time, I'm going to go for the gusto: "Top 10 Hyperion Events of the Decade."

A lot can happen in 10 years. For example, at the start of the 2000’s, HAL (Hyperion Application Link) didn’t even exist, but by the end of the decade, it was gone only to be replaced by DIM (Data Integration Manager). Oh, wait. DIM was itself replaced by ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) so two technologies effectively came over the last 10 years.

The Top 10 of the Decade series seems like it should be more major than 10 daily back-to-back postings, so I'm going to release an item each week on Monday. Since today is Friday, January 1st, that means the first in this series will be Monday, January 4th. Come back then as we countdown the decade's most important Hyperion stories.

Oh, and one minor change to this blog itself. Historically, I tagged all of my posts related to Hyperion with "Hyperion" and Oracle with "Oracle". I realized recently that ALL of my posts are about Oracle and Hyperion, so I'll be dropping those tags henceforth. Just assume that everything you read is Oracle- and Hyperion-related.

Happy New Year/Decade, readers, and remember to check back every Monday from now through, yeesh, mid-March for the "Top 10 Hyperion Events of the Decade." Now get back to bed and enjoy your hangover.

No comments: